Wednesday 6 March 2013

Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadow in Rosy Tan

So I made a bit of an expensive makeup purchase a couple of weeks ago, splashing out on the Dior 5 Colour Eyeshadow palette in the shade Rosy Tan. I'd been eyeing this product for months, and the very nice sales assistant was very persuasive, telling me it was the perfect palette for my blue eyes and blonde hair.

First of all, the packaging is just beautiful and so compact.
    

    

Unfortunately, I broke a fundamental blogger rule and used it before taking photos, so I'll have to insert a photo taken from CafeMakeup to show you it in all its glory.


    

The palette includes (going clockwise from left) a very slightly shimmery true pink, a warm deep shimmery brown, a lighter warm brown with a very subtle shimmer in some lights, a silvery glistening brown, and in the centre, a beautiful frosty champagne colour.

My favorite shade is the highlight colour in the centre. The pigmentation is unbelievable, and if you add it to your tear duct it really opens your eyes. I have even used this as a cheek highlight. Another favorite shade is the silvery brown. It is very soft and fantastically pigmented. I was a bit disappointed with the deep brown as it doesn't go on as deep as it looks in the pan.

    


Overall, this palette is perfect for me in the daytime. The pink really brings out my blue eyes, and the other shades subtly define and highlight my eyes. Personally, the shades are not dark enough for a night look for me, as I like quite a deep crease but would be perfect for someone looking for a more natural evening look.




XOXO,

B

1 comment: