Saturday 12 January 2013

Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette (#holgrail!)

During the summer I'm fond of a bit of fake tanning as my already unnaturally pale complexion just looks ridiculous if I'm on holiday in a warm country. Therefore, I use a darker foundation and used to just usemy pale concealer under my foundation as opposed to over it so that I wouldn't have big white spots on my face (never a good look!). When I was in the drug store in America I came across the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda concealer palette which had rave reviews in the blog world and on youtube. I thought now would be a good time to try it since I was tanned and thought the pale shade would never match me when I was my natural shade. 



Usually any kind of face product from the drug store breaks me out like crazy so I was pleasantly surprised when it didn't cause any kind of reaction with my skin. The product was amazing quality. It covered up even my most stubborn pimples and didn't leave a flaky finish like my previous concealer did.


(clockwise: pale concealer, dark concealer, powder, green concealer)

The palette has 3 different shades of concealer (a dark one, a lighter one and a green one to cancel out any redness) and a powder. When I was fake tanning I would mix the dark and light ones together and it was perfect. I was delighted to find out that the pale one actually blended pretty well into my pale foundation too (despite the fact that it looks way off color when swatched on its own), so have been using this ever since.


(l-r: pale concealer,dark concealer, powder)

I find the best way to use it is to use the green concealer on any red spots under my foundation and then if after applying foundation I need an extra bit of coverage I will apply the lighter shade. The powder is something I never use but that's just because the skin around my spots is usually quite dry anyway.

The only issue I have with this product is that you can't get it in Ireland so I have to order off ebay or wait until my trips to America to stock up. It is also a fantastic price at approximately 10 dollars. I'd recommend this product to anyone.

XOXO,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment