Thursday 3 January 2013

Kiehls Sodium PCA Oil-Free Moisturiser Review

As I've said in a previous post, when I'm on acne medication my skin becomes quite dry. At one time before I discovered Cetaphil moisturiser (see my previous post) I was having a particularly bad breakout along with a lot of dryness so I was desperate to find a decent oil free moisturiser that would help my dryness. I had been reading reviews about Kiehls moisturisers and so went into the store and explained my problem. The sales assistant highly recommended their Sodium PCA oil free moisturiser and so I bought it.

The first thing I noticed about it was that it left my skin feeling a bit odd, like I needed to wash my face. It was however, very moisturising and definitely helped the dry patches on my skin. BUT about a week after using it, all hell broke loose. My skin was in the worst condition it has ever been in. My whole face was covered in tiny little bumps under the skin that looked absolutely horrific and no matter what makeup I put on top it still looked horrible.

With those of you who have sensitive skin I would STAY AWAY from this product as it took so long for my skin to recover. The break outs may be due to the silicone in it, which seems to be a  large amount judging from the finish of this moisturiser. I would say try a sample before you buy but the fact that it broke my out completely after one week has led me to say don't even try a sample. There are plenty of good oil free moisturizers out there that you can try instead.

XOXO,

B.

No comments:

Post a Comment